Everybody knows this toolbar:
... but it seems to be gone in Windows 7?
Well, it's still possible to achieve the toolbar :-)
- right click on the task bar
- choose: Toolbars > New toolbar...
- specify the following location: %SystemDrive%\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\
- choose Quick launch
- move the right toolbar to the left so it fits the position as in Windows XP
- right click on the toolbar and disable Show text and Show title
but why would you still need it?
To quickly start IE, FF and other common tools you like to fire real quick? :-)
The standard buttons are not good enough? ;-)
I mean... in the taskbar you've got those buttons already, you even see them in your screenshot :D
Yes, but when you click twice on it, you don't see "2 windows" of IE for example? :-)
That's true, but why would anyone want to have 2 windows of the same program open? How often does that happen? :-)
The programs you often want to have open several times (e.g. browsers like IE, Firefox, Chrome, ...) all have features called "tabs", which are quite a lot handier than several windows ;-)
I can't see many other programs you'd want to have open more than once?
At least, I don't see any good reason why I'd want the quick launch bar cluttering up my screen in Windows 7, hehe ;-) But it's of course nice to know for those who'd want it :-)
Yes, that's also true :-). I guess it's something I was used to it ... It's another way of working
You're right :-)
And if that's how you like it, who am I to judge that? ;-)